Subject: Re: [Leica] PJ's Help
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:44:29 -0400

At 08:32 PM 5/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>OK you PJ's--I'm a commercial guy and for the first time in my life I am
asked
>to do a real grainy photo (don't ask).  This is a B&W job and contrast is
very
>narrow (all between about 3 stops).  Our lab is set up to do only XTOL so
>please no exotic developers.  My question is simply -- will I get more grain
>with T3200 or Tri-X pushed two stops?
>Roy Feldman

Roy -

Since the 3200 is T-grain film, I would say the Tri-X pushed would give you
more apparent grain.  Good luck - let me know how it turns out!  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>