Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Quality
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:25:22 +0100

Jim brick wrote:

>Notice I removed the "lack of" from the subject.
>ps... Any other Leica "Quality" stories out there?

Hi Jim,

Yes it's about time some of us mention Leica equipment that has come out of
the box and right to work with nary a zit!

I guess my first Leica bits and peices were about 38 years ago and during
that time up til today, including R8s, I've never had a single lens or
body, too many variations to list, that didn't come out of the box perfect!

I think it's a good idea for folks to explain they have had equipment
arrive that had something not quite right (lens with thingies inside) or
didn't work perfectly (a few R8's) or damn "winders!" :) Great when they
do!

Maybe I'm odd man out here in relation to my good fortune and gear over the
many years, but as far as I'm concerned Leica, be it Wetzlar (did) and
Solms (do) a pretty damn good job. No one is perfect, least of all me. If
that were possible I'd have 36 "perfect frames" on every roll! :) :) :)

ted