Subject: Re: [Leica] M grip
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:27:48 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I saw a picture of the M6 with a contoured handgrip attached. It looks
> like a useful accessory. Does anyone here use that accessory?

Nathan,

I use the GMP M-Grip (made by GMP Products, USA) on an M-6 body in a
Benser "ever ready" bag. The GMP is made of metal and does not dig into
the M-6 cover. The unit is useful not only as a grip. It relocates the
tripod socket to the center of the camera. It also prevents the reset of
the exposure counter from torque.

The camera opens in the usual way with either the Leica plastic grip or
the GMP metal grip.

Using either grip (Leica or GMP M-Grip) rules out use of the standard
Leica "ever ready" cover.

Personally, there are times when I use it, and times when I don't.

If they are not available in Europe, try Don Chatterton (where I
purchased mine) or one of the U.S. or Canadian mail order houses.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
mailto:gthrall@ibm.net