Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #43
From: Summicron1 <Summicron1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 21:56:22 EDT

OK guys, lets get real;:

as regards a couple of things on the recent threads about so-called
technological superiority of german vs japanese camera companies and resultant
japan bashing...

- -- are Leicas only purchased by rich older men who can afford them but are
also old enough to be still fighting world war II.

- -- whoever thinks the japanese stole all their good ideas is probably the same
guy who filled up digest V.3, number 43, with most of volume 42. DON'T COPY
THE WHOLE DIGEST WHEN YOU REPLY!!!!!!!!
- -- Even Leicas have bad days. It took E. Leitz in New Jersey three tries to
get my M-3 right on their last C and L. But, they did it.

- -- THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SMALL MINDED NATION BASHING -- Anyone know
where I can buy a cheap (!) plus-1 diopter adjuster for my M-3. I had one and
lost it. Do they make those things for R-3s as well? Glasses are a bitch.

please advise by e-mail -- these lists have gotten rather long (not to mention
redundant) and full of nation bashing and pointless arguments over whose lens
is better, and hard to wade through.

thanks,

charlie trentelman
ogden, utah