Subject: [Leica] Can we all calm down?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 23:58:40 +0200

I have been part of LUG for just a couple of weeks. During that time I
have received some wonderful advice in response to my questions, I have
gained a lot of useful knowledge from following the various threads, and
I have even derived financial benefit by being steered to a good Leica
shop in Vienna by Guido (where I bought my 1.4/75mm Summilux at a nice
price) and by buying a Billingham Alice bag from Lucien at a reasonable
price.

I am now a bid saddened to see all the childish flaming that goes on in
the "Leica quality" type of threads. It seems so silly to attack each
other's personal integrity based on whether someone likes Leica, Nikon,
Canon or whatever. Why can't we all agree that they are all fine
cameras, some better suited for some things than others, but in the end
a lot comes down to personal preference--and just leave it at that? It
would really make the athmosphere here much nicer and waste less
bandwidth.

Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium