Subject: Re: [Leica] is a finder necessary?
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:22:24 +0200

Bud Cook wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I just conducted a little test on this very subject.  I mounted an 35 mm
> RF-Summicron on my M3 and noted what the appropriate frame covered.
> [rest abbreviated]

Thanks for the info: One little question though: What is an RF-Summicron?
Is there a difference between a RF-Summicron and a regular 35mm?  If so,
what is the difference?  I thought a 35mm Summicron was a 35mm Summicron,
with exception of the goggled version for the M3.

BTW, can the goggles be removed from the M3 version for use on other
Leica rangefinders?

BTW II, yes, I would only be using Ilford B&W film, so cropping is
definately "doable" ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho