Subject: Re: [Leica] Ball head for Leica table-top tripod
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:44:24 -0400

At 08:13 AM 5/11/98 -0500, Steven Blutter wrote:
>the new one is unbelievably sturdy - just a bit of tightening and its
>locked.  the old one was very frustrating in that you had to really muscle
>it tight, which was a total pain if you had to make slight adjustments

Steven

I've owned a number of these guys from very early to current production,
and I haven't noticed any difference in the manner or degree of tightening
required.  I suspect the old one you used was defective or worn out.

The most sought-after of the ball heads is the older large ball head, which
had a reversible thread so it would work on both European and International
thread tripod sockets.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!