Subject: [Leica] My Leica models
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 13:48:16 +0000

RBucha7924 wrote:

> Would like to know which model Leica that
> Harrison M is using.  I just dumped my Nikons
> because they wanted to think for me.  I was
> constantly having to override them.

Rick,

I use the R8, R6, and M6.

I like all three, if you want a better than 2fps motor that leaves
you looking at the R7 and lower. I understand the R7 is a very nice
camera, but I did not like that you can only use spot metering in
full manual mode.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The R6 is very similar to the Nikon FM2, but has a top shutter speed
of 1/1000, the 6.2 has 1/2000 second shutter.  Both sync at 1/100 and
have a very simple viewfinder. display looks something like >0< with
the arrows indicating over under exposure and the 0 showing proper
exposure.  Be aware that the viewfinder does have a kind of funny
color cast. Shifts slightly to the cold (blue) side. This is a little
distracting until you get used to it. I know several times I have
been shooting late in the afternoon and having that nice warm light
and looking through the camera and thinking "Where did the color go?"
then I remember it is just the viewfinder.

Good luck and ask away if you have any more questions.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto