Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R state-of-the art?
From: Ben <ben@teco.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 10:25:18 +0000

"Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com> wrote:

>So an Eos1n or Eos1nRS are intended
>to be driven by auto-exposure and auto-focus.
>You don't drive the camera, you drive the controls
>for the AF and AE and let them drive the camera.
>This works well.  It's really not "intended" that
>you check a hand meter or try to outguess the camera
>meter or autofocus, but rather, that you adjust their
>behavoir.

Gee, this is so... what's the word I'm looking for.. Ridiculous?

The EOS-1n is one of the nicest cameras I've used as a manual camera.
It's hard to think of a much nicer one really. It's one of the few
cameras that you can use manually with one hand, its got a beautifully
accurate and fine spot meter, and it's one of the few cameras with an
easy to read, full 6 stop metering scale in the viewfinder in 1/3 stops.

>The M6 is clearly meant for direct control.

Yeh of course - there is no option. That's what this whole discussion is
about. Leica users should be given more options.

>(Classic note: To a Canon person, all the dials on Nikons go the wrong
> way.  To a Nikon person, all the dials on Canons go the wrong way....)

If I remember right, Nikon did this to stop people changing from one
system to another.