Subject: Re: [Leica] R8: Matrix Metering and your EI for transparencies
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 21:16:12 +0500

At 03:32 PM 98-05-09 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Ian,
>greetings from a sunny spring Saturday afternoon in Hove. Yeah, the shops
>doing fine after our relocation to the much larger premises about 18 months
>back. I'm currently trying to build bridges with the computer with which I
>have definitely not had a good relationship in the past. Hence my previous
>unavailability on the Email and late appearance on the LUG. Anyway, I'm
>slowly creeping up the learning curve.
>
>As to the darkroom back at home, it is going to be established in a purpose
>built enclosure in the garage. The room has now been built, plastered,
>floored and fitted out with kitchen units on two sides ( L shape ). The V35
>has been joined by a Focomat 1c (and a Durst M800 just in case I am tempted
>to dabble with medium format).That just leaves me to have the electrics
>sorted and I shall be as happy as a sandboy.
>
>Did you manage to haul your Zone XI Cold Light enlarger up to your mountain
>top in Kathmandu ?
>
>look forward to seeing you when you are over,
>
>Regards,
>
>Arthur

Hello Arthur,

	The Zone VI enlarger and all of my other equipment survived the trip into
Kathmandu Valley and has been set up and working hard for a couple of years
now.  Getting it here was easy - Thai International air cargo.

	I arrive in the UK on September 21 and will definitely make it to Hove and
Brighton - great places to cruise for snaps and it seems to me there is a
great coffee shop down in the Lanes.  I would also like to see your new
darkroom as I have never had the chance to have a good look at Leica
enlargers.

Cheers, Ian