Subject: [Leica] State of the Art
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 05:27:30 -0800

This thread is beginning to sound like the Harley vs. BMW v. Honda
arguments over at USENET.  All I can say is Live and Let Live.  There is no
reason why we can't enjoy all of the best things in life.  I am currently
using four different brands of camera equipment: the oldest a Canon 85/1.8
LTM from 1958 and the most current an M6HM from February.  And my baby son
will get his picture taken with this combination tomorrow.  Hey!  They can
co-exist.  No one says you need to choose one over the other.

There is really no point in comparing modern AF systems to tradition manual
bodies.  If you ask which is better, then you are asking the wrong
question.  The question is which is better for the particular application
and to what end result.  Each brand has its unique qualities to be savored.
I must admit I prefer manual shutter cameras because I respect the
craftmanship that goes into such a precision instrument, but at the same
time I appreciate newer electronic camera especially when I need those
extra features.

This reminds me of the time I rode a track modified two-stroke Yamaha RZ350
from New York to California via Ontario.  The bike was like a bat out of
hell on the track, but cross-country? Right bike, wrong application.  If I
had two bikes I would have picked the other one whatever it was.

Best wishes and Happy Mother's Day!