Subject: Re: [Leica]R state of the art?
From: Ben <ben@teco.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 11:58:11 +0000

"adrian bradshaw" <abpeking@public.bta.net.cn> wrote:
>well I do not think I am alone in finding the EOS1n harder to focus manually
>many of the lenses have considerable play in the focusing ring.

Here we are. Yet another person who likes to compare $200 Canon lenses
to $2500 Leica lenses. Try comparing a $1500 Canon lens to a $2500 Leica
lens some time.

> which is a pity and may
> well be a ploy on the part of the makers to create greater dependency on AF
> and a built in demand for the next generation:
> In the case of Canon I think the same retrogressive
>'improvement' is true for exposure control too.

Yes of course! Every time they improve the exposure control it is really
a communist plot to build up our dependance on good cameras. Then Stalin
moves in with his tanks and confiscates all the batteries. All that will
be left is the M shooters with their mechanical bodies. Praise be to
Leica with their Red^H^H^H Dots!