Subject: RE: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 20:27:31 -0700

I have always had, and do have, winders basically permanently mounted to my
R cameras. Starting with two R3's in 1976, then R4sP's, R6's, and now two
R7's. I have never used the button on the winder to photograph a sequence.
About 99.9% of the time my R cameras are on a tripod. The winder allows me
to manipulate MLU, bracketing, etc. without having to also wind the film.
Sometimes my set-up is in a real awkward position and winding the film by
hand would indeed be difficult, even to the point of disrupting the set-up.
I think winders are mana from heaven. They enhance the creative part of
photography by taking over a mundane necessity that can disrupt the flow of
the process. This is but one of the reasons that I don't own an R8.

Jim