Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 20:45:32 -0500

At 05:14 PM 5/8/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Lug-nuts
>
>I have received private e-mail from another lugger about new developments
>in digital video.  I have asked him to post it to the list.

To get technical, digital video is dead. Canon did it with a tiny little
camera that had horrible quality. Video is good for moving pictures, not
still (for another 5 years at least according to Canon). Still digital
(what we're really talking about) is different than digital video (NTSC TV
standard image - yuck!).

And...the sky is not falling. It's just getting cooler.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Mi.caw.ber n [Wilkins Micawber, character in the novel David Copperfield
(1849-50) by Charles Dickens : 1852] : one who is poor but lives in
optimistic expectation of better fortune