Subject: Re: [Leica] First M system choices
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 12:11:59 +0200

Phil Kokoczka wrote:

> My M3 SN 709 907, a VERY early model (first year) does indeed have
> DOF tabs. It is a DS, no frame preview lever and glas pressure plate. I
> understand that  later models had cut-outs and not tabs for DOF
> indication. What year did this happen? Could my M3 have been modified
> by having the rangefinder replaced?

According to the Leica Pocket Book (6th ed.), "1958: two notches
added to rangefinder frame in viewfinder to indicate depth of field".
So, yes, according to that it would appear that the RF has been replaced
at some later date.

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho