Subject: Re: [Leica] Life Mag Eisey Issue
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 98 22:42:47 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility

>I'm just pissed off with LIFE that was such a wonderful magazine at one
>time and to see it as it is today, just another lousy tabloid of sorts!

Ted,

As the saying goes in photojournalism circles, LIFE isn't what it used to
be. And it neve was.

Though there is some truth in that staement, I can only remember
throughout the 60s how I learned an awful lot about the world in the pages
of LIFE, LOOK, and National Geographic. Nowadays, we have one fewer outlet
in the U.S. other than National Geographic, that takes photojouralism
seriously.

I'd love to see what serious stuff is being done in Europe.

=======
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch