Subject: [Leica] RE: Pitfalls of 400 6.8 R
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:53:08 -0500

I've been away for nearly two weeks and thought I'd add a couple
comments.

 I used a 400 6.8 for a couple days and hated it.  I couldn't get used to
the sliding focus mechanism and
worse yet was having to focus it while the lens is stopped down to the
working aperture or changing it back and forth since it does not open and
close automatically to the working aperture like normal lenses do.  Even
though it was a great deal,  I decided it wasn't worth the frustration.

The lack of a decent affordable long lens ended being one of the reasons
I sold the rest of R equipment at that time.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador