Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #27
From: Disfromage <Disfromage@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 00:05:52 EDT

<<Make NO mistake about this.  An almost total digital take-over is very much

closer than many folk realise.  There is a lot of jockeying for position in

the old and emerging industries, and cards are being held close to the

chest.  >>

Alan,
	Issue 3/98 of Leica Fotografie has an editorial by Heiner Hennings that deals
specificaly with this issue.  I quote, " in the space of the next 25 years and
perhaps beyond, digital technology will not be able to replace silver halide
photography entirely... However we must resign ourselves to the fact that
"photography" as we have known it will then no longer exist." We live in
interesting times.  I sure hope silver based potography doesn't become
extinct.  I love the process.  I can't believe digital has the same magic as
spending hours in a darkroom presiding over the alchemy of light and
chemicals.  Hold onto your hats, we're in for a wild ride on this
rollercoaster!
		Richard Wasserman