Subject: [Leica] 16 mm Hologon for M
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:59:17 +-200

Hi,

The Hologon for Leica was offered in Germany by Photo Schaja in
Munich. The price for the lens is 4798 DM, the price for the conversion
1890 DM. The conversion is done by Zorkendorfer in Munich. However, =
Zorkendorfer seems to be forced by a contract with Schaja to offer this
conversion only via Schaja and for this incredible price.
Realize, that you can buy your dedicated G1 body, only for use with
the Hologon, for much less money!!
A conversion of the Biogon would be very interesting, as it is less than
half the price of the current Elmarit 21 ASPH, and it is comparable in
optical performance. But the Hologon is not autofocus, it has a =
focussing
lever, while the Biogon is autofocus. I don't know how the conversion
works? Any ideas?
Another point is, that I heard that the Hologon has been discontinued
by Zeiss recently. Is this true?

Gerd