Subject: Re: [Leica] First M system choices...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 06:48:33 -0500

At 12:05 AM 5/6/98 -0400, you wrote:

>need.  I don't really think that I "need" the newest ASPH version of the
>35mm (but could possibly be convinced...), but what incarnation should I

Go for the ASPH. This is a lens you'll own for the rest of your life, get
the best out. As for the M6, you will lose by not spending the extra money
for the meter, and the fact that you have a new camera that will last quite
a while, probably the rest of your life too. Get new stuff. It's worth it.

Don Chatterton just came back from the Pacific Rim with a bunch of M6s for
$1695 - NEW! Limited supply, to the middle of May the web page said.

But you want the HM, which I think he had a used one for $1900?

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

I am Homer of Borg, prepare to be assim...ooh, donuts!