Subject: Re: [Leica] 6.8 Telyts
From: Ben <ben@teco.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 07:34:17 +0000

>The explanation given to me was that some glasses (glass being a fluid) can
>indeed flow enough in a normal span of years to cause this. Leica has used
>a number of exotic glasses, and I was told that this might have been the>
>cause. Separation of the two elements had not taken place. One other person

This is a myth. Yes, in certain respects glass acts like a liquid but
there is no evidence of glass ever having flowed. Even really old
telescopes and such are still perfect and the glass on old churches
being bigger at the bottom is caused by the way they were originally
moulded in days of old - they have not flowed either.