Subject: [Leica] Leica Zooms
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 20:52:56 -0500

I've been trying to sort out the various Leica zooms.  I believe that there
have been two 35-70 f3.5 zooms.  One manufactured in Japan and one
manufactured in Germany.  Are these the same lens except for where they were
manufactured?  Who designed this zoom?  Is the German version of higher
quality?

There is a newer 35-70 f4.0 zoom which appears to be cheaper than the older
f3.5.  Who designed and who manufactured this lens?

Can anyone fill me in on these lenses?  Are any of them anywhere near a
prime lens in performance?

TIA,
Bud Cook