Subject: Re: [Leica] Q for the pros
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 16:43:02 -0500

At 10:51 AM 5/3/98 -0700, you wrote:

>"Use only Fujichrome or Kodachrome 64/35 mm film ............... Ektachrome
>is not acceptable."
>
>Now, I do not have a problem with their choice of film and on occasion I
>would run into an art director who had a preference of one kind of film
>over another and we would talk about it verbally .......... but in the
>contract............ it never came up.

Welcome to the micromange world. There are plenty of editors who don't know
Ektachrome is totally different than it used to be. In fact, many wouldn't
know the difference.

Reminds me of a story about Andre Kertesz. He was told by some big New York
magazine that 35mm was a toy and he had to use 4x5 if he wanted to work for
them. He just made the 35mm prints at home and took them in and nobody was
the wider. Go figure.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There is a pleasure in being mad in which none but mad men know.

Dryden