Subject: Re: [Leica] "Normal" perspective
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 09:57:38 +0200

At 15:46 02.05.1998 -0400, Dan wrote:
>If you were viewing the print in a gallery where viewing
>distances are greater, a larger magification will be required to achieve
>the same "naturalness", otherwise objects in the photograph will appear
>smaller than normal (a wideangle look).

Dan, I have some problems with your description/ definition of
the "wideangle look".

If a picture is small -  do you call it "wideangle look (of the
observer)", when he/she sees i.e. parts of the wall, or because
the in-objects are in size below "naturalness" ?

If a picture is large, and the observer cannot move far enough
to see the total picture (no matter of the object size) - do you
call this "wideangle look" also ?

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm