Subject: [Leica] theives, dots, lens, M3 wide lenses
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 22:36:17 -0400 (EDT)

First I would like to say that I think covering your red dot to increase its
value is stupid, a camera is a tool and you shouldn't worry if your tool will
decrease in value after 5 years of shooting, personally my M3 is pretty banged
up (maybe cause I'm "an irrisponsible teenager") but i don't care cause I'm
happy with the photograph I get with it, btw do you think I should polish my
camera :)
Second if someone is going to steal your camera its probably some crackhead who
will sell it at some pawn shop or something for 150$ they wont know a red dot
from a N90 (party cause they are high on crack).  If the person who is stealing
your camera is planning to sell it at a real camera shop and can recognize the
red dot then it won't matter cause even if you spraypaint your camera yellow it
will still look like a leica, just a rare "special edition" leica.

OK, now for a question, I plan on buying a new lense for my M3, (currently I
have a 90mm f/4.0 collapsible elmar) I was thinking a 50mm f2.0 summicron but I
would considering going wider, my question is how do i use a wider lense when
the widest frameline on the M3 is 50mm and how do they bug eyes work?
thanx

Michael Garmisa------kilemall@shell.excelsior.net------02-May-98 22:27:09
- --------http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/-------ICQ # 11583837-------
- ------PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc------