Subject: [Leica] HELP! Red Dots and Filters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 08:26:32 -0400

At 09:26 PM 5/1/98 -0700, Joseph Codispoti wrote:
>Do you mean to say that the thread was not meant to be tongue in cheek
>banter?  It had to be.
>How else could anyone be so naive as to believe that a thief would steal the
>red logo rather than take the whole camera?

Are you telling me that I've misunderstood the complaint about the Red Dot
for all of these years?  I thought you guys believed there were gangs of
thieves out there who would steal the Red Dot -- and now you're telling me
this isn't it.  I don't follow this.  If they're not going to steal the Red
Dot, why cover it up?  What am I missing!?

<sigh>  I suppose I misunderstood the whole filter thing, too.  I thought
we were supposed to use filters because they increased the transparency of
light.

I just must be thick-witted today ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315