Subject: Re: [Leica] film question
From: Georgette Oden <gigi@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 23:50:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Jim Brick wrote:

> The green cast you get is caused by reflected light, reflecting off of the
> green foliage. A polarizer does wonders for not letting reflected light
> pass through to the film. A polarizer will, therefore, probably solve your
> problem without introducing a cast of a different color, such as magenta.
>
> Jim

Jim-- excuse me if this sounds critical-- it's not meant to be.  I'm just
confused about the polarizer thing.  If polarizers keep out 'reflected
light' of the type the makes the face look greenish, how can you take a
picture at all considering *everything* is basically just reflected light?
I'm not certain how polarizers actually work but I don't think it corrects
a green-tinted face.  I'll shoot a few frames and see... can anyone
explain this to me a bit more?  I'm eager to learn why it works...

Thanks!

Georgette