Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 21:03:56 -0600

>LENSES DON'T MAGNIFY.
Nope! They do.  Magnification is simple to calculate: it's either the ratio
of the image height to the object height, or the ratio of the image
distance to the object distance, sometimes made negative to agree with
certain sign conventions.
   If lenses didn't magnify, then I'd have a hard time seeing any of those
"wee beasties" under a microscope!
   I take it that it is futile to get involved in this issue, because it is
turning on a debate that is not factually based.

- -GH