Subject: [Leica] 35mm = amateur
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 18:46:56 -0400

LUGnuts:

Jan Faul, an excellent but outspoken medium format photographer,  just said
the following on the photoforum list:

>To be perfectly honest, I think 35mm cameras are for journalists and
>amateurs. 'Quality' is not their strength.

>Jan Faul
>--
>Portfolio    http://www.digitalnation.com/faulphoto
>Agfa pages   http://www.agfaphoto.com/gallery/pf9707/index.html
>Wisconsin    http://www.weslow.net/imagery/jfaul/index.html
>The West     http://www.onlineartistleague.com/Faul/portfoli.htm

I would love for some of our erudite Leica users to respond with examples
of 35mm photographers who don't fit into the categories of journalist or
amateur.  I know some of you know a lot more than I do about Leica history.
 Direct your replies to:

photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu

Thanks!  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP