Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS plates arrive
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:01:02 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>

>Jeff: What tripod (manufacturer and model) are you using with your B1?

Gitzo 1228 Mountaineer--so far, I am in awe of this thing, and just as soon
as I shake what ails me; bad head cold, I think; I expect to be hauling this
featherweight beauty about and testing out the Tmax 400/Xtol combo (thanks
to everyone for the suggestions! Maybe if I had been getting my Vitamin C
through film processing, I'd not be sniffling about today :-) )

Oh, and diverging totally from the subject at hand, I was fortunate to
purchase a copy of Beyond The Zone System by Phil Davis at my local Barnes &
Noble, at 20% off. This looks to be a fascinating, though rather technical,
volume which might help greatly reduce the amount of trial and error in the
darkroom. Included are plans for a stand to use one's spotmeter as a
transmissive/reflective densitometer! I am basically lazy, and hope that,
once film/developer/paper/meter characteristics are known, that I can pretty
much just light up the two little M6 meter arrows and get absolutely
stunning art every time :-) Of course, once I'm that good, I won't need a
Leica, just a throwaway box camera!