Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Land Rover
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:39:24 -0500

Richard, only the Mercedes ML-320 has what you are looking for.  Both axles
have traction control and it's the only SUV with four wheel independent
suspension.   The question is how often are you going to go play in the mud?
The vast majority of Sport Ute owners never leave the road.
Bud Cook
snip

>First off road trip was through a mud filled development site in my own
>neighborhood.  I got stuck in the mud.  Only the front left and rear right
>tires turned even though I was told Land Rover has permanent full time 4
>wheel drive and the differential was locked.  My neighbors got a good laugh
>on my account.  I needed a truck to pull me out.  It seems that even though
>Land Rover has permanent 4 wheel drive, in reality only two wheels ever
>have power.  So I guess 4 wheel drive is really 2 wheel drive and a regular
>car with two wheel drive is really one wheel drive.  Confusing isn't it?
snip.