Subject: Re: [Leica] New German 75 1.4
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:26:36 EDT

I received a new German made 75 1.4 today.  Even though it is lighter than the
Canadian version, it is a heafty chunk.  The glass and cosmetics are
excellent.  Unfortunately it will not focus correctly.  (I checked it on two
bodies known to be fine).  So, to morrow it goes back for replacement.  All
you boys north of the (US) border can file this one for those who question
Canadian quality v German quality.

In fairness to Leica, this is the first Leica lens that I have received that
has not been right.

Tom Shea