Subject: Re: [Leica] Winder M or Rapidwinder
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:52:00 +0100

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> [...]

Chandos,

You are dealing with two gentlemen of very high integrity!!! Both class
fellows and both extremely knowledgeable on things Leica.

Reinhold in my book, is the epitome of a Leica Master mechanical genius!
During the 30 years I've known him, if he tells you what is/was wrong with
the camera, you can bet the house, farm and whole village that he is
telling you the truth exactly how he see's it. If he says it'll come back
like new, that's exactly what it'll be and better.

Tom and his Rapidwinder gave me a re-birth with RF Leicas after nearly 40
years of using various models with sight only in my left eye. Many on the
LUG know how "over board" I went last year in my praise of the Rapidwinder
when I started to use it with an M6. To justify my ranting and praising,
which some brought me to task for, I explained the Rapidwinder was like
receiving a "new eye."   As now, I could shoot without removing the camera
from my face to advance the film, therefore cutting down my chances of
missing photo opportunities while doing so.

Folks didn't realize I could only see with one eye,the left. Which quite
frankly is a pain in the butt when you are a dedicated Leica user and can
only use the  camera left eye'd.

You will find the Rapidwinder and redone cameras in excellent order when
you begin using them shortly.:)  Have fun, you'll love the Rapidwinder!

ted