Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 and British Sports Cars
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:40:58 -0700

At 08:36 AM 4/29/98 -0400, Marc wrote:

>>Hatred?  Yes, I have hatred of this V35.  I shouldn't, perhaps, but I
>>have,
>>in 48 years, never seen such a cantankerous piece of machinery.  Leica
>>must
>>have studied British sports cars to produce something as unreliable and
>>uninspiring as is this thing!
>
>>Marc

Sorry Marc, there is NOTHING as cantankerous as an old British Sports car.
V35 be damned... it still cannot reach the pinnacle that was held by the
old British cars fitted with Lucas electrical and tractor engines... not to
mention wooden frames! So be nice to your V35. It has a lens stage, a
negative stage, a great light source, and it goes up and down very easily.
So use a grain focusser. Autofocus is for sissies anyway.

;)

Jim