Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Noctilux[vsCanon50f/1tests]
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:00:08 +0000

Donald,

I doubt that I'll be able to rid myself of 'city glow' as I'm right in the center of an extra
big city. I'm sorry but I don't own either the Noct of 75 S'lux for my Leica's though I
agree, it would be an interesting comparison. I would like to make some sort of a valid
test and, since I'm not familiar with the requirements, how does this sound?:

I point the camera, with a roll of Neopan 1600 in it, on its back, straight up to the sky
and take a number of frames in succession @ 12/secs w/ the 50 and 7 secs. with the 85. I
develop the film in a scrubby, D76 type developer for a 4x push. My camera does have
some sort of mirror-up custom function, so that'll be good.

What else do I need to do? I remember something about shooting away from the polar
extremes as that is where the sky spins fastest? Anything else I can do to get useful
results?

Maybe if a Leica rep reads this, she'll offer us a 75 and a Noct to test against<s>?

Regards,
Danny Gonzalez