Subject: Re: [Leica] Developing for dummies
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:11:46 -0500

At 04:20 PM 4/26/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Both D-76 and ID-11 are, unless my memory fails me, metol-hydroquinone
>based developers (and are, for all intents and purposes, identical).
>
>Metol is the substance to which people can become sensitized.  Phenidone
>based developers are the usual replacement.

Half right. Phenodine is the non-allergenic substance unlike what I said
before, and that's what ID-11 plus uses. That's the only difference between
the two. The developer characteristics are almost identical.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The young child is looking in the world to find himself -
reflected in a mirror with a thousand faces.

- -Maria Montessori