Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:23:52 -0400

At 05:59 PM 4/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been following this thread with interest as I just exposed (not shot
>:-) ) a roll of color neg with a new Noct.  The images were a combination of
>bright sunlit, shadowed, and indoor carousel locations.  The shadowed and
>carousel photos were very nice ( I haven't stopped down to 1.0 yet though),
>but the bright sun photos were extremely contrasty to the point of being
>unpleasant.  They were exposed at f8, 1000th sec.  Do others have this same
>observation?
>

>TIA,
>
>John

John,

There's not really any reason to use the Noctilux unless you are going to
use it at 1.0.  There are other 50mm lenses that are better, cheaper and
lighter for smaller f stops.  Take your Noctilux in the dark and have some
fun :-)    Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>