Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux - Rational lens??
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:30:10 -0400

At 01:09 PM 4/26/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I have a review of the Canon 50L here...
>http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb/photo/equipment/canon/50_1.html
>and there are some pictures. Perhaps some Noctilux owners can
>look at them to see if the effect is comparable or not. I'm not
>sure if the quality of the web is good enough, but you can click
>on the pictures to make them bigger. Hey, you won't see the
>severe vignetting, but if you desperately want that you could put
>the wrong lens hood on :-)
>
>--
>Chris Bitmead

Chris -

As you point out on your web page, you got about 1 stop of fall-off in the
corners which is more obvious in some pictures than in others.  The
Noctilux is certainly not any worse than that.  Most of my shots show no
vignetting at all.  I'll try to scan some in and put them up later.   Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>