Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Films and Developers, Agfa Scala
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:29:58 +0200

About Agfa Scala: I just used 7 rolls of this expensive film in Iceland,
with my R5. This was not the nice green Iceland jou see in the pictures, but
stark winter landscapes with patches of snow and genarally monochrome brown
colors: ideal for Scala. Indeed: rich blacks, excellent detail in shadows,
very good rendition of white, and a large tone-scale. It has to be used as a
slide film: spotexposed on  grey 18% or lighter subjects. It is very
susceptible for loss of light trough color filters. For an orange filter,
the meter is at least one stop off, so I set the film speed at 100 ASA. For
a light red filter even at 50 ASA. And bracketing is a good idea. Here in
Holland the film is NLG 17,-- plus NLG 25 for a developping, 37,50 in all,
that is about USD 21,--. I read there is now an Agfa Scala 200 extended,
that can be pushed to 1600 ASA
If anyone is interested I can put a few shots on my home page.

Alex, Amsterdam, Holland