Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: ... and the noctilux [ a long story - with a happy ending ]
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:10:24 +0000

At 06:59 PM 25/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
><<
> I learnt the hard way that the noctilux is one of those things that it
> takes a long time to learn how to work with, but once you have tamed the
> beast its unbeatable >>
>
>Donald, I appreciated reading your report on the Noctilux.  I have been
>wondering whether to get one.  It seems like a very unusual lens with unique
>characteristics.  Erwin's report also notes unique characteristics.  It
sounds
>like a worthwhile lens.
>
>Tom Shea

Tom,

This is a most unusual lens.  Big and heavy, it sings and purrs when used
wide open or nearly so.  Surprisingly it is not only a low light lens; I
like the pics in subdued daylight and when used at 1/1000 sec to allow
maximum aperture to be utilised.  The flare control is remarkable.  I've a
skew of 50mm lenses and the Noctilux and the Summilux are by far my most
used pair.  The bokeh is fantastic.  The more you use it, the more you'll
like it.

It's worth every cent of the small fortune which I paid for it.

Dan CC Khong
Singapore