Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this another R8 flaw or am I just over-worried?
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 18:49:55 -0400

Pascal wrote:
>One thing though I would like to ask fellow luggers who use the R8. I
>have noticed that if you manipulate the 70-180 APO on the R8 (like
>focussing), there is some play on the lens mount (only some millimeters
>but it can be felt). This has nothing to do with the lens, but with the
>body.

and

> [snip]Never got this impression with my Nikons.

You mentioned Nikons.  This issue has been repeatedly raised on the Nikon
Digest with several of there camera.  I remember several complaints  with
the F5 and I think the N90s/F90x and the FM2n.  Always noticed with long
heavy lenses.  Personally I noticed it with both my F5 and my FM2n, though
more so with the F5.  The consensus was it's normal.

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA

Art