Subject: [Leica] Fuji Rangefinder
From: Royfel <Royfel@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:29:19 EDT

I have the 6x7 and 6x9w Fuji cameras, a low cost way to do medium format.  I
also have a 6x7 Pentex but save this for studio work.  On the road I take the
Fuji's and of course my M6.  Some problems: the split image focus is a lot
smaller and dimmer than Leica.  It is impossible to use with a filter system
(like cokin) because of the way the lens shade (built in) is constructed.  If
you're not used to 2 1/4 format watch out for DOF on the 90 mm lens.  Lens
quality is good but with only 4-5 blades on the aperture be aware of flair at
large openings. So, a real nice backpacking camera but for static, tripod
stuff; (limited DOF, slow focus); for speed and street stuff stick to Leica.