Subject: Re: [Leica] MINT R equipment for sale - just like NEW!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:02:44 -0700

At 08:47 PM 4/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:03 PM 4/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>I am also CONSIDERING selling my APO 100mm 2.8 MACRO, but I
>>am not sure yet.  That lens is a legend, and has no equal in the Nikon
>>line or elsewhere.  I just may get an R6.2 or R7 to go with it.
>
>Keep it! You will regret getting rid of it. I'd suggest an R7. For you the
>more accurate meter would be important, and the 1/2 stop detents for
>shutter speeds. And the TTL flash. Not as good as the R8, but good. The R7
>has a smoother shutter that will help with image sharpness at slower speeds.
>
>Eric Welch

I agree. I had R4's and R6's. Now R7's. The R7's are a much more mature
product. 1/2 stop shutter speeds is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
My daughter just bought an R7 and took a roll of E200 using P mode. I've
never known anyone to use P mode. I was really impressed. An entire roll of
perfectly exposed slides. Back light, side light, sunset, etc... It was
amazing.

Jim