Subject: Re: [Leica] Use just a 50mm, are you nuts???????
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:53:07 -0700

> From: Joe Berenbaum
>
> At 14:17 15/04/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >David Hamilton found fame and fortune only shooting with a 50, and a
Minolta
> >of all things.  not sure what he's using on his current work.
> >Stephen Gandy
> Hey, whaddya mean "a Minolta of all things"? Some of my best pictures
(and
> also with the best bokeh) were taken on a Minolta with a 58/1.4 PF
Rokkor.

Remember the beautiful deep green coating on that Rokkor front element? I
used one for a couple of years when I worked for KIEM-TV here in Eureka as
jack of all trades - ran camera, control board, two-inch VCR machines, 16mm
Bolex, B&W 16mm development, 35mm slide shooting (with the Minolta) and E6
processing and slide mounting for the color film chain. For about six
months I ran the whole TV station from Saturday at 6am to Sunday night at
midnight - a 40 hour work week in two days. Boy, those were the days. Never
a dull moment. Since Eureka was about 15 years behind the times in 1972, I
got to experience the "golden age" of television.

Anyway, the Rokkor did a great job - I always liked the way it captured the
bright chrome bumpers on the thousands of cars I shot for local slide
commercials! Come to think of it, the 58mm was the only lens I used for
about a year - Mike Johnston, I was way ahead of you! I used my two black
M2's then for personal work, but the old Minolta got the job done, too.

Gary Todoroff