Subject: [Leica] Inge Morath Exhibition at Leica Gallery
From: LeicaPhoto <LeicaPhoto@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 00:08:34 EDT

Inge Morath's 75th Birthday Celebration exhibition will continue at Leica
Gallery in New York City until Saturday, May 2nd. The show consists of a
collection of articles and photographs about her life in the Oskar Barnack
Room; a 90 minute film showing her at work with her Leica as well as a series
of interviews with her and her husband, Arthur Miller as well as with her co-
workers and friends at Magnum Photos; a 60 photographic retrospective of her
best known and lesser known images. It is well worth seeing and has been
filled with visitors since it opened. We are at 670 Broadway in New York City
and we are open Tuesday through Friday from 11 to 6 and Saturday 12 to 6. For
those who cannot make it, we have available the hardbound book, "Inge Morath:
Photographs, 1952-1992," which serves as the catalogue of the show. The book
is printed in Austria and is not distributed in the United states. It has an
illustrated biography of Inge Morath and an afterword by her (in German and in
English). It is signed by her and is $70. For LUG members, we are not charging
any shipping (it is normally $10.) for the book during the balance of the show
(for the continental U.S. via UPS). We also have a very limited number of her
out-of-print books signed by her and, in some cases, by her husband, Arthur
Miller. If you are interested, give us a call and we will give you titles and
prices. There are also a few copies of her newest book from Spain, "The Fiesta
of San Fermain: Pamplona in the Fifties." This was just published in Spain in
late 1997 and was brought over by her publisher to us just for her show -
Again, it is only available from Leica Gallery courtesy of Ms. Morath.  The
preface is in Spanish with an English  statement by Inge Morath. It is
hardbound, signed, with wonderful repreoductions and is $75. Again, during the
balance of the show, there will be no shiping charges for these orders
regardless of how many books (or other items with them) are ordered. Our
telephone is 212.777.3051 and our fax is 212.777.6960. We take VISA, MC and
AMEX. Hopefully, many more of you will be able to visit the show in person
before it closes sand will say hello to us. Best regards, Rose and Jay
Deutsch, Leica Gallery.