Subject: Re: [Leica] (no subject)
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 17:02:13 +0000

I for one am grateful for this heads-up on correction lenses.
Unfortunately, I've had to exhume a -2.00 correction lens from the
Leica accumulation to use on the M6 because the spectacles imposed by
presbyopia would not allow a full view of the 35mm frame.  Because I
bought the accessory 6 to 8 years ago, I did not have any idea as to
current prices.

Roy

On 17 Apr 98 at 10:27, Royfel wrote:

> Got a M6 Hm and having a hard time seeing with a 35 because I wear
> glasses, so I tried to order a diopter but discovered that Leica
> only makes diopters up to + - 3 and I need a -4.  Just for laughs I
> removed the diopter on my Pentex 6X7 and it fit perfectly, no just
> close mind you but perfectly.  Cost for the diopter and part to hold
> it on with shipping from Pentex was $46.00 cost of diopter from Dave
> at Leica $110.00 and I can get the strength I need.  Should anyone
> be interested your looking for Part #70034-p15-02 and 70034-p16-01
> and the diopter of your choice.

   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.