Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:59:39 -0700

In an earlier email, I mentioned that the good folks down at Glazers in
Seattle let me have a few min outside with a Tri-Elmar.  All I had time for
were a few shots of some buildings, hand held at 5.6 and 8.0.  The only
prime I had to compare this to was my 50mm Summicron.  Honestly, I cannot
tell the difference in the slides when projected.  The Tri-Elmar seems like
a fine lens, at 50mm anyway.

I echo the comments made by others here that the Tri-Elmar's focus and
aperture controls aren't that smooth.

- --Jim Laurel
Seattle, WA