Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh and lenses
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:42:55 -0400

Eric wrote:
>  [snip]  And the 135 2.8 is a very
>nice lens. I really liked the one I used to own. But the 135 M is not as
>ideal to focus with as the SLR lens. Rangefinder focusing is best from
90mm
>and shorter.

Even though the 135 2.8 has 1.5X goggles that make it equavilent to
focusing a 110mm lens sans goggles?   Don't you think you are giving up a
lot by excluding the 135mm lens from your M system considering that the 135
is 2.25 times the magnification?  I ask because right now I only have up to
the 90 and I've come across many instances where I could use a little more
power.  Sometimes I just don't feel like lugging the SLR with long lenses.
I was thinking of getting the 135 f/4 but your comments are making me
apprehensive.  Eric, aren't you the one who a while ago said "why would
anyone want a 135 M lens".  (the quote is paraphrased.)

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA