Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm R or 28mm M
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:25:11

At 12:32 16/04/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Can someone give me an opion on the performance of 28mm R ?  How is it
>compared to the 28mm M ? Since most people in this group use either the
>21mm, 24mm or 35mm.  There were not much discussions on the 28mm. I've
>found the 28mm suits me better than the 35 or 24 for the kind of
>pictures that I want to take.
>-Michael

This doesn't address the performance but the ergonomics; I don't have a 28
R but use that length on the M cameras. The current 28 M lens without the
hood fitted will allow the camera with 28mm lens on it to be shoved in the
pocket of my flying jacket, and you can't even see the bulge. This makes
the use of the 28 on the M a fairly discreet business if you want it to be.
On the late M4-2, M4-P and M6 it doesn't even need an extra finder.

Joe Berenbaum