Subject: Re: [Leica] Explanation high production cost
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:55:34 -0400

At 09:01 AM 16-04-98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:44 AM 4/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>I am not sure of the details of how these patents ended up in Japanese
>>hands, but what you are calling "theft", others may call "war reparations"
>

>With all respect to the group, I am relatively certain of the details.
>

>War reparations?  No.  Thefts?  Yes.

Fair enough, my use of the term 'reparations' was inaccurate.  But since
the 'theft' took place with the full cooperation of the Allies, they are as
much to blame as the Japanese.  And the Allies had bigger issues to worry
about than to feel sympathy for Leitz or Zeiss right after the War.  But
that was then.  Let the historians worry about it now.

Dan C.